Remote Opportunity Available in CA, CT, NY, and OR
The Shift Network is a global educational media company with a diverse and inclusive culture offering exceptional, transformative training and certification programs featuring the world's brightest and wisest luminaries. We uplift people across the world with inspirational mobile content and international online events that inform and empower. We've helped millions of people worldwide to grow, transform their own lives and positively impact the world around them. And we’re poised to expand our reach like never before!
About This Position:
The Course Host provides support and oversight for highly engaging and interactive delivery of online courses and summits offered by The Shift Network in collaboration with faculty partners. This position requires a fine balance of live presentation, communication and highly technical skills.
This position reports to and supports the Course Host Lead to ensure the smooth delivery of online content through live programs and digital materials. The position also keeps an eye to quality control and makes suggestions for continuous improvement to the Course Manager responsible for the program.
This individual must be in harmony with The Shift Network’s vision of accelerating the shift to a peaceful, sustainable, healthy, and prosperous world, and have a commitment to the work of personal and collective transformation.
- Independent host and drive 1-6 live and pre-recorded video and audio online programs per week
- Function as the face and voice of The Shift Network in a professional, warm, engaging and trustworthy way while interfacing with the students, faculty, and colleagues
- Basic operation of conference software interfaces during live and pre-recorded online programs, including basic troubleshooting of both hardware and software, including external cameras, microphones, etc.
- Troubleshoot major technology issues with tech support and/or back up driver during live programs
- Act as liaison between faculty, students and the Course Manager to ensure a high quality course experience
- Support the Course Manager and other departments with respect to Course Host role
- Monitor and provide feedback on quality of programs, faculty and guests
- Connects weekly with the Faculty, Course Manager, and other delivery team members to review course needs and debriefs
- Participates in Host/Driver meetings
- Supports delivery of highly engaging and interactive courses
- Supplies weekly debrief to Course Manager, making note of faculty/customer needs during course delivery, what’s working and what’s not, and foreshadow things to come
- Prepared to regularly provide meeting call-in information to primary and guest faculty, if needed
- Relays all faculty requests to Course Manager, instead of handling directly
- Collaborates with Course Manager to:
- Host and operate programs
- Track and record editing notes of each recording for the media team
- Provide feedback for Course Quality Report at end of each call and the Course Debrief at the end of the course
- Interface with faculty and customers during calls
Qualifications and Characteristics Desired:
- 2-3 years project management or administrative experience
- Experience in hosting programs, in person or online, with comfort and confidence in public speaking
- Competence and confidence with technology platforms and internet, including:
- Google Docs
- Media players
- InfusionSoft or CRMs
- Instant Teleseminar
- Knowledge of transformational content, including leading teachers, schools of thought, and market trends
- Ability to interface with leading faculty and colleagues in a highly professional manner
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Flexibility to multi-task and change directions instantly
- Excellent organizational, time, strategic management, writing, and communication skills with keen attention to detail
- Strong ability to work independently or collaboratively
- Prefer experience in operating classes and hosting events in a virtual, online environment, often on camera
- Must have established, fully-functional office with reliable office equipment including high-speed internet connection, ethernet, high computer speed, and quiet environment to host public programs
- Must be aligned with the vision/mission of the company
- Familiarity with the programs and events that The Shift Network offers
- Knowledge of transformational content, including teachers and schools of thought
- 1-2 years remote office experience (preferred)
If you are a job seeker with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to apply for this position, you can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Shift Network recognizes Diversity as the presence of differences which includes race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, ethnicity, nationality, socioeconomic status, language, (dis)ability, age, religious commitment, or political perspective and also includes differences in principles, values, thoughts, and beliefs. Diversity of thought and experience are vital to building a personal Shift experience, representative of the world in which we live.
Please do not let doubt get in the way of you applying for this position. If you can demonstrate the abilities listed above and below, we want to hear from you!