Remote opportunity available in CA, CT, NY, and OR
The Shift Network is a global educational media company with a diverse and inclusive culture offering exceptional, transformative training and certification programs featuring the world's brightest and wisest luminaries. We uplift people across the world with inspirational mobile content and international online events that inform and empower. We've helped millions of people worldwide to grow, transform their own lives and positively impact the world around them. And we’re poised to expand our reach like never before!
About This Position:
As a Customer Support Specialist, you must possess a broad knowledge base, be highly familiar and aligned with our courses and programs while having the ability to multitask and troubleshoot problems as they arise. It will be vital to stay continuously up-to-date on relevant issues to anticipate the support needs of our students and participants.
You are a unique individual who is highly comfortable with technology and is naturally empathetic and genuine. While answering support questions via a virtual help desk and phone calls, you must work skillfully and rapidly, often juggling multiple tasks and communications while researching a myriad of details, and navigating various web platforms. You are also a natural detective and multitasker while remaining gracious, warm, and friendly.
- Routinely handles incoming customer email and phone support requests in a professional, friendly, accurate, and efficient manner
- Supports program sales and purchases by taking telephone orders and assisting with registration queries via email
- Handles a wide variety of questions from prospective students and registered participants, assisting in all aspects of attending our online events, summits, festivals, and programs
- Troubleshoots basic technical issues with regards to customer participation in online programs on PCs and Macs, various tablets and mobile phone devices, and across all major web browsers
- Works collaboratively with other team members and departments to help resolve challenges that arise and thus provides an improved experience for our customers
- Seeks to continuously improve the customer experience in every interaction and takes proactive measures to prevent support issues from recurring whenever possible
- Maintains an unflappable, helpful, calm, and compassionate point of view in all communications with customers while listening, understanding, and resolving any issues that may arise
- Exemplifies the values, aim, vision, and mission of The Shift Network in all dealings with customers, clients, community members, and faculty
Qualifications and Characteristics Desired:
- Excellent people skills, professionalism, patience, warmth, friendliness, compassion, and flexibility
- Creative problem solver – must be persistent in staying with an issue until it is resolved; strong initiative and ability to work independently and collaborate with others.
- Exceptional written and spoken communications with high attention to detail, spelling, punctuation, and grammar
- Competent and comfortable with technology, online platforms, software systems, and social media
- Able to navigate numerous online platforms simultaneously while communicating with customers in time-sensitive situations to rapidly resolve issues regardless of the customer’s level of competency with technology
- Capable of working on a computer with a headset on for hours at a stretch, answering support emails and phone calls
- Comprehensive understanding and familiarity with the programs and events that The Shift Network offers
- Knowledge of transformational content, including leading teachers and schools of thought
- Must maintain a high level of security and confidentiality with regards to both workstation and customer relations
- Prior experience preferred with:
- Google Suite,
- Slack, Zoom,
- Infusionsoft, and
- other e-Commerce platforms
- Must have established, fully-functional office with reliable office equipment including high-speed internet connection, ethernet, and quiet environment
- Ability to function in a fast-paced, high workload environment dealing with time-sensitive issues while maintaining a friendly, calm attitude when assisting customers
- 1-2 years remote office experience (preferred)
If you are a job seeker with a disability and require reasonable accommodation to apply for this position, you can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an email to email@example.com.
The Shift Network recognizes Diversity as the presence of differences which includes race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, ethnicity, nationality, socioeconomic status, language, (dis)ability, age, religious commitment, or political perspective and also includes differences in principles, values, thoughts, and beliefs. Diversity of thought and experience are vital to building a personal Shift experience, representative of the world in which we live.
Please do not let doubt get in the way of you applying for this position. If you can demonstrate the abilities listed above and below, we want to hear from you!