Who We Are:
The Shift Network is a global educational media company with a diverse and inclusive culture offering exceptional, transformative training and certification programs featuring the world's brightest and wisest luminaries. We uplift people across the world with inspirational mobile content and international online events that inform and empower. We've helped millions of people worldwide to grow, transform their own lives and positively impact the world around them. And we’re poised to expand our reach like never before!
Our Chief Technology Officer (CTO) is a business and technology expert responsible for the overall strategy for the company’s use of technology in achieving its business goals. The CTO will ensure that our technology resources, systems, platforms and personnel meet the short and long-term needs of our rapidly growing business. The CTOs primary focus will be to ensure our technical approach is spot on, while also building and managing a sustainable, scalable and dynamic IT division and team. Our ideal candidate is a great communicator and solutionist who is eager to roll up their sleeves and resolve any issues preventing success. Our CTO is also a high-level thinker, researcher and architect who can partner with our CEO and executive team in realizing our goals and aspirations.
Responsibilities and Desired Skills Include:
- Offer high level technical expertise, sound guidance and strategic technical decisions across all areas of the organization, including infrastructure, ecommerce, mobile, website, 3rd party platforms, integrations, & DevOps
- Own the overarching tech strategy, architecture, systems and integrations and provide positive technical direction across all product lines, building a clear roadmap to attain business objectives in a timely and efficient manner
- Make proactive and forward thinking technology decisions on behalf of the company’s best interests including managing technology costs and workflow, eliminating unnecessary work and expense
- Able to take a “hands-on” approach, getting under the hood to resolve issues while also delegating and distributing workload to appropriate team members
- Develop continuous improvement strategies for the company’s technology systems, staying abreast of the latest technological advances and trends that could benefit the company
- Spearhead the development of enhanced security systems incorporating industry best practices to safeguard digital assets and drive security processes and audits
- Orchestrate full migration to cloud based, serverless systems to ensure seamless delivery and scalability
- Mentor, coach and motivate our tech teams to nurture a positive, inclusive and productive technology team culture, while also driving performance and meeting targets and goals
- Balance and prioritize business needs, developing practical and expedient solutions in a fast-moving and high-growth company, while reporting on technology status, progress and needs
- As a key member of the executive team, assist in guiding the company toward achieving its impact goals and objectives in a highly collaborative manner, engendering greater understanding, communication and alignment between the tech and non-tech teams
Qualifications and Characteristics Desired:
- 3+ years experience as a CTO in fast-growth environment
- 9+ years in related tech roles with expertise in systems engineering, analysis and architecture and experience building and managing teams
- BCS or equivalent degree and related technical certifications
- Master’s degree in Engineering, MBA, or other relevant graduate degree preferred
- Extensive experience leading complex technology design and teams with responsibility for application development, security, product control, architecture, and infrastructure
- Knowledge of eCommerce systems, ERPs and financial platform integrations such as sales tax engines, revenue recognition applications, etc.
- Experience working in the Atlassian suite of tools including Jira and Confluence; GitHub
- Knows Drupal and React
- Experience with Apps and Mobile optimization
- A passion for building an integrated technology ecosystem that provides a fantastic end-user experience for customers and internal teams alike
The Shift Network is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.