Remote opportunities available in CA, OR, NY and CT
Who We Are:
The Shift Network is a socially-conscious business headquartered in Petaluma, CA which has served over 3,200,000 people in 170 countries in domains such as: spirituality, holistic health, sound healing, Indigenous wisdom, peace, psychology, enlightened business, and sustainability. We have successfully made an impact in most areas of conscious change by producing hundreds of ground-breaking online training programs, a wide array of inspirational global summits, and a variety of advanced mentorship programs.
Our focus, to date, has been on interactive, virtual courses, global online summits, and some live seminars and retreats – all centered in empowering a shift to a more sacred way of living. Now, we are expanding into mobile, media, podcasts and more. Ultimately we want to empower a lifelong journey into each person’s full potential in a way that also shifts society forward. We are expanding… come join us!
Impact of The Role:
The Course Host provides support and oversight for highly engaging and interactive delivery of online courses and summits offered by The Shift Network in collaboration with faculty partners. This position requires a fine balance of live presentation, communication and highly technical skills.
Some Responsibilities Include:
- Hosting 1-6 live and pre-recorded video and audio online programs per week, in a reliable manner each week
- Basic operation of conference software interfaces during live and pre-recorded online programs, including basic troubleshooting of both hardware and software, including external cameras, microphones, etc.; Troubleshooting major technology issues with tech support and/or back up driver during live programs
- Connects weekly with the Faculty, Course Manager and other delivery team members to ensure a high quality course experience
- Represent The Shift Network in this front-facing position while interfacing with the students, faculty, and colleagues in a professional, warm, engaging and trustworthy way
- Interface with faculty and customers during programs
- Participates in Host/Driver meetings, Mondays 2-2:30pm Pacific
- Supplies weekly debrief to Course Manager making note of faculty/customer needs during course delivery, what’s working and what’s not, and foreshadow things to come
- Prepared to regularly provide meeting call-in information to primary and guest faculty, if needed
Qualifications and Characteristics Desired:
- 2-3 years project management or administrative experience
- Experience in hosting programs, in person or online, with comfort and confidence in public speaking
- Competence and confidence with technology platforms and internet;
- InfusionSoft or CRMs
- Google Docs
- Media players
- Knowledge of transformational content, including leading teachers, schools of thought, and market trends
- Excellent organizational, time, strategic management, writing, organizational and communication skills with keen attention to detail
- Prefer experience in operating classes and hosting events in a virtual, online environment, often on camera
- Must have reliable home office equipment including high-speed internet connection, an Ethernet, and high computer speed, and quiet environment to host public programs
- 1-2 years remote office experience, preferred
The Shift Network is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.