Remote opportunities available in CA, OR, NY and CT
Who We Are:
The Shift Network is a socially-conscious business headquartered in Petaluma, CA which has served over 3,200,000 people in 170 countries in domains such as: spirituality, holistic health, sound healing, Indigenous wisdom, peace, psychology, enlightened business, and sustainability. We have successfully made an impact in most areas of conscious change by producing hundreds of ground-breaking online training programs, a wide array of inspirational global summits, and a variety of advanced mentorship programs.
Our focus, to date, has been on interactive, virtual courses, global online summits, and some live seminars and retreats – all centered in empowering a shift to a more sacred way of living. Now, we are expanding into mobile, media, podcasts and more. Ultimately we want to empower a lifelong journey into each person’s full potential in a way that also shifts society forward. We are expanding… come join us!
Impact of The Role:
The Senior Event Manager is responsible for management and direction of all details to produce and market events effectively and efficiently by engaging top-level speakers to grow the subscriber base and The Shift Network business. The Senior Event Manager must co-create event campaigns including speakers, content, and copy while positively reflecting and branding The Shift Network’s message and mission. The Senior Event Manager must have prior event/festivals/summits/programs experience, and strong connections into and collaboration with high-level speakers, thought leaders and community affiliates and sponsors.
- Collaborate with the Senior Director of Summits, Festivals & Events on high-level planning and strategizing, then implement vision into successful events, with attention to all details
- Work closely with the Events Team in identifying topics and talent and securing same
- Work closely with Leadership / Marketing / Production Planning for all areas of business, focusing on courses, summits, and optimizing marketing strategies and campaigns for existing programs
- Clearly communicate high-level vision to production, marketing, and affiliate teams and motivate teams to create a successful event
- Work with Production team to create tight synergy between events, summits and follow up courses
- Select, recruit and manage event speakers and co-sponsors
- Prepare and research for guest speaker conversations, schedule interviews, and to serve as Event Host
- Maintain and develop organizational culture, company image, values and reputation in its markets and with all staff, customers/students, speakers and affiliates
- Manage 1-2 direct reports
- Responsible for driving direct revenue from the Events
- Create, design and develop templates to streamline business practices including Speaker Agreements, Invitation Letters, and so on
Qualifications and Characteristics Desired:
- 5-7 years general marketing experience including copywriting and editing
- 3-5 years experience producing multiple events, with a clear understanding of event models preferably in the e-learning industry
- Exceptional time and project management and organization skill set
- Top-notch interpersonal skills, verbal and written, including confidence and comfort in dealing with large personalities and presence and well-known figures
- Understands the principles of marketing and advertising cost-effectiveness, including market sector targeting, product offer development, features-benefits-solutions selling, cost per response, cost per conversion, etc.
- Clear understanding and demonstrable experience with monetization models for events and have the capacity to effectively implement the strategies within The Shift Network’s events
- Sensitive to the mission of The Shift Network and understands the balance between monetization and high-value content
- Direct management experience of 2-3 direct reports
The Shift Network is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.