As Sr. Campaign Writer and Marketing Manager for Online Summits, you are a critical part of the team responsible for the performance of our highly successful product line of online summits. This key role focuses on outstanding writing skills to attract, engage and convert leads, but also includes other important marketing responsibilities such as contributing to the strategic roadmap of our online summits, audience targeting and segmentation, executing best-in-class customer acquisition and conversion campaigns along with developing engaging and viral content for our social media channels.
This role requires excellent writing skills, along with solid strategic and tactical marketing experience in the B2C online summit (or “online course”) space, as well as strong project management skills –- you will function as a key driver and integral team player in optimizing cross-functional collaboration between our marketing and product development (transformational learning) teams, with an analytical, customer-journey focused approach to achieving sales success. Experience in developing content for social media that focuses on driving lead-generation and interest-based engagement is also highly desirable.
To be effective, you will use data and testing techniques to acquire deep knowledge of our customers to drive positioning, messaging and innovation that produces results. You’re able to effectively combine strategic and analytical abilities with an innovative, creative mindset and analytical abilities with an innovative, creative mindset and strong inter-personal skills. Along with being a proven online direct-response copywriter, your ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues, and your willingness to roll up your sleeves to get the job done as a team player is essential.
For this role, success will depend on the candidate’s ability to know when to drive and when to support, as well as effectively balance innovation with the practical day-to-day deliverables that come with executing a multi-faceted online summit campaign. Attention to detail, an eye for quality, a customer-focused mindset and an obsession with tracking performance are also critical to success in this role.
- Function as the senior writer and marketing manager in driving and delivering successful, data-driven marketing and customer acquisition campaigns for the company’s online summit product line to meet or surpass performance objectives.
- Utilize a data-focused approach in contributing to the growth of the company’s online summit product line, as well as develop strategies to optimize the performance of individual summits.
- Act as the lead writer for the company’s social media content efforts, in support of critical campaigns and marketing initiatives to drive results.
- Take point in ensuring all key stakeholders and functional areas are in sync, collaborating and coordinating effectively with other areas of marketing including advertising, email marketing, creative services and media, along with other functional areas of the organization including product development (transformational learning), customer service and operations.
- Develop and execute effective funnel and customer acquisition tactics, using a data-centric approach to measuring, iterating and optimizing results throughout the lifecycle of each campaign.
- Collaborate as an effective partner with our product development (transformational learning) group in identifying and supporting successful hosts, speakers, content and upgrade/bonus offers.
- Work closely with the creative services team, including designers, to develop and deliver compelling online marketing campaign materials to attract and meet the needs of the target audience, achieving strong engagement and conversion KPIs.
- Hold a mindset for ongoing iteration and improvement, utilizing testing and data-oriented customer feedback to optimize results at every touchpoint.
- Stay on top of market trends, competitive landscape and customer insights to constantly inform the business and improve results.
- 5+ years as a successful copywriter in the online marketing space – including opt-in landing pages, sales pages, emails, ads and social posts -- with an emphasis on (and examples of) building customer funnels and marketing content campaigns that convert and deliver results.
- 5+ years of product marketing and/or customer acquisition experience in the B2C online marketing space. Specific experience in marketing online personal development courses and/or summits is a plus.
- Proficient in business applications such as Microsoft Office, Excel, Google Docs, as well as project tracking tools like Asana and Slack.
- Fundamentally strong in data analytics and ROI-tracking, with a working knowledge of basic analytics tools such as Google Analytics and Hotjar.
- Excellent team player, with the necessary people and management skills to effectively interact with cross-functional colleagues, consultants, as well as hosts and speakers.
- Ability to skillfully push for innovation when needed, drive for results at every turn, while maintaining a respectful, humble and balanced approach.
- A passion for life-long learning, specifically in the personal development and transformational learning field, is a must.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or marketing; MBA is a plus.
- Self-motivated and results oriented.
- Proactive performer with a solutions-oriented mindset.
- Ability to combine creative skills with a data-oriented business mindset.
- Mature, credible and comfortable in dealing with company executives, faculty and speakers.
- Empathic communicator — able to see things from the other person’s point of view.
- A lifelong learner, embracing new experiences and responsibilities.
- Effective in executing within a co-creative and collaborative team environment, with a strong ability to work well with others and be an integral team player.
Please note: This position description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.