Note: This is a part-time, Independent Contractor opportunity!
The Marketing Copywriter for Online Summits & Events is responsible for writing powerful, effective copy for marketing programs across multiple brand platforms and communication vehicles, including email and websites. We are looking for deep talent with a depth of experience in the new consciousness field and an ability to write about it from a place of sincerity, intelligence and heart!
The Marketing Copywriter will work closely alongside our experienced Campaign Strategists and Copywriters, and highly experienced Internet marketers and branding experts, to collaborate on projects aimed at helping people to make real and meaningful change in their lives and in the world.
This person will effectively communicate the benefits of our programs and products, and feel equally comfortable with brand messaging and direct response copy targeted to our online community.
The majority of this position’s focus will be on our online course and summit sales page and email campaigns. Skill in crafting comprehensive direct-response campaigns is highly preferred.
This individual must be aligned with The Shift Network’s vision of accelerating the shift to a peaceful, sustainable, healthy, and prosperous world, and have a commitment to the work of personal and collective transformation.
Responsibilities and Desired Skills:
- Copywriter for specific topics/genres delivered through online conference format, aware of the process that leads to creating sales conversions and skillfully infusing company brand voice
- Collaborate with internal team to craft effective marketing campaigns for wide range of online courses, products and events
- Skillfully infuse company brand tone and positioning in copy across all media
- Serve multiple internal clients through B2C education programs of all scopes
- Develop effective relationships with internal clients and demonstrate strong ability to work in a team environment
- Ongoing learning of marketing best practices
- Conduct online research for appropriate content
- Use project management tracking system (Asana)
Qualifications and Characteristics Desired:
- 2-4 years online direct response copy experience with demonstrable skill in brand translation
- Avid interest in the personal development market and understanding of the needs and desires of the market
- Prefer extensive knowledge of transformational content, including leading teachers, schools of thought, and market trends
- Exceptional listening and verbal skills to synthesize creative direction and distill into on-target, inspirational messaging that converts
- Excellent writing/editing skills and grammar: You can tell a story, know how to write long copy and make it “scannable.” You know how to find and pull the emotional “triggers,” but are conscious of when you cross the line into manipulation. Familiarity with AP Style Guide.
- Ability to write in multiple “voices”: You will need to write copy for speakers and hosts, so an ability to emulate their voice is important. You are able to write emails with a tone that sounds like a note from a friend, and then switch over to dense course materials – writing for concentrated periods of time on complex, often spiritual/philosophical, subjects
- Must be keen at meeting deadlines and attention to detail
- Knowledge of online marketing concepts and an ability to collaborate with the visual identity team to create integrated, effective web pages
- Willingness to innovate or follow direction: Bring your ideas and insights and be willing to implement them in a split-test environment, or be willing to execute instructions as directed
- Willingness to constantly learn new marketing strategies and concepts
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Deep desire to make a difference and have a positive impact on others and the world
- Portfolio that demonstrates experience in copy across key media, including banners, web, direct response and ad campaigns