Note: You must be a current resident of CA or OR to be considered.
As Vice President of Lifecycle Marketing, you are responsible for optimizing the end-to-end customer journey and increasing overall LTV through innovative engagement and growth strategies informed by deep customer understanding. You will help maximize our campaigns by utilizing a holistic view of the business and optimize the customer journey across a portfolio of content, products and offers via multiple communication, engagement and delivery platforms. In this key leadership role, you’ll level up Shift’s effectiveness in nurturing prospects from lead through conversion, retention and loyalty, increasing customer engagement and cross-sell while maximizing brand advocacy. You will rely on your customer-first orientation, along with your passion for applying data and analytics, to guide targeted customer actions, ensuring all segments are engaged and extracting maximum value from our products while cultivating trust, engagement and increasing LTV.
Responsibilities and Desired Skills:
- Guide and support multiple Product Marketing groups to hit ambitious growth goals, helping increase the company’s focus on horizontal customer journeys by utilizing your strategic and tactical experience to quickly evaluate current state, desired state and develop a blueprint to achieve our customer journey KPIs/goals.
- Help accelerate the ROI effectiveness of our existing channels including email, paid, social, affiliate and downsell/upsell, and guide us into additional new channels where appropriate such as push (mobile/web), SMS, in-product/in-app and more.
- Lead and coordinate with cross-functional partners including Operations, Tech, Transformational Learning and Finance to ignite and optimize multi-channel, multi-touch, cross-device lifecycle programs.
- Function as marketing’s website lead by guiding new website initiatives that optimize customer experience, engagement and conversion objectives.
- Lead our evolving customer insights area, utilizing your experience in developing and applying audience segmentation and persona identifications to inform all areas of the business.
- Guide and partner with Product Marketing in testing, iterating and launching subscription programs.
- Drive churn reduction and win-back/renewal revenue via personalized, value-driven lifecycle marketing strategies and tactics.
- Work closely with the CMO and marketing leads to build on the existing foundation for Shift’s business, customer and marketing team growth through the development of efficient, repeatable, scalable processes and frameworks.
- Function as a leader and advocate for deeper integration of martech tools (GA, Iterable, mParticle, Amplify) to fuel optimization of the customer lifecycle and achieve performance KPIs
- You’ll combine established industry best practices with emerging trends and innovation to delight and engage Shift’s customers across all channels with targeted, value-based messaging.
Qualifications and Characteristics Desired:
- 5+ years experience in B2C lifecycle/retention/funnel growth marketing
- Must have solid overall experience in, and deep understanding of, online/digital marketing, eCommerce and subscription
- BA/BS degree required - MBA preferred but not required
- Must have direct people management experience
- Excellent leadership & collaboration skills are a must
- Experience in utilizing martech tools, A/B testing tools, data and analytics to optimize growth is a must -- experience in Web analytics tools including Google Analytics, Adobe SiteCatalyst is a plus
- Ability to make complex data-driven decisions and balance short & long term tradeoff
- Possession of sharp analytical skills, with the ability to cut through complex datasets to formulate actionable insights.
- Combine a customer-centric, data-oriented mindset with creative/brand sensibilities -- able to evaluate creative content effectively, including conversion-focused copy and guiding marketing content to align with brand voice/positioning
- Strong collaborative team player with high emotional intelligence
- Alignment with Shift’s mission, along with a passion for learning, personal growth and transformational education
Work Location: Two days office attendance required for local employees on Tuesdays and Thursdays, when past current events, otherwise remote
Work Hours: Generally Monday-Friday, 9:00-6:00 (unless otherwise indicated)