NOTE: You must be a CA or OR resident to be considered!
The Director of Recruiting will be an expert on best sourcing and recruiting practices and take a leadership role in getting our opportunities broadcast across multiple channels and platforms, focused on doubling our size in 2021, and meeting and beating our aggressive hiring goals, as our business expands. It's an exciting time to join!
This position requires a seasoned HR recruiter with a gift for seeking out the best talent and creating an inviting and irresistible message to join in our work. The Director of Recruiting will be facilitating a “high-happiness, high-performance” culture in which employees flourish and are empowered to bring their best to the table daily. The position will also be the SME to ensure safeguards are in place during the interview process including interview training for staff. We are creating an organization that is highly productive, inclusive and pleasing as a company culture where our employees can truly thrive.
- The company’s mission is to become the best version of itself.
- An employee’s mission is to become the best version of themselves.
The Director of Recruiting is expected to identify talent that supports both of these goals.
As Director of Recruiting, you will be responsible for managing the administrative aspects of full cycle recruiting and making suggestions for improvements to positively impact the hiring and on-boarding processes. You will be the expert in sourcing top talent through a multitude of platforms including advertising, Linked In, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and mobile. You will be invited to identify additional creative ways to entice the best candidates. You will make recommendations for improvements to our Employment Page and modernize our entire employment presence and approach. In conjunction with the HR VP, you will play a critical role in ensuring we are hiring the best possible candidates as to skills and abilities, as well as alignment with The Shift Network’s mission, vision, and values, while working within our budget parameters. The Director of Recruiting will also assist with organizational development, and work closely with the HR VP to identify and facilitate the relocation of employees into other positions in the company when needed or due to advancements, or assist in the restructuring of existing positions when duties or functions change.
Responsibilities and Desired Skills:
- Organize procedures for recruitment, hiring, orientation, on-boarding and interview training of staff
- Create strategic and effective hiring campaigns to fill open positions
- In conjunction with the VP HR, manage the recruitment and selection process to attract and procure talented, qualified staff who are aligned with the mission, vision and values of The Shift Network
- Be the driving force behind all hiring campaigns and function in a project management capacity, ensuring deliverables occur on time
- Post openings in newspaper advertisements, with professional organizations, through social media, and other appropriate and cost effective venues
- Maintain regular contact with candidates and key prospects as they move through the stages of the selection process - we are a high touch environment!
- Efficiently and effectively fill open positions with the best talent and fit possible and focused on diversity
- Create and maintain appropriate and effective communications systems including applicant response letters, employment website maintenance, autoresponders, etc.
- In conjunction with the VP HR, develop recruiting and interviewing methods and procedures, training all interviewers on best practices, and labor law compliance
- Network through professional and industry contracts and appropriate groups to find candidates and leads
- Research HR platforms best suited for our administrative needs, (applicant tracking, benefit management, etc), determine which would be most appropriate for us moving forward, and submit proposal(s) based on findings
- Assist in the compilation and management of job descriptions for all positions
- Help to devise a 30-60-90 day training plan with hiring supervisor and in concert with the VP of HR, conduct regular check-ins with new hires in this timeframe
- Other duties, as assigned, and at times may include HR Generalist activities and tasks
Qualifications and Characteristics Desired:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in HR
- 5-7 years recruiting experience in a company environment preferred, and industry experience a big plus!
- 1-2 years experience with LinkedIn, and a successful track record of approaching and converting passive talent is a big plus; Linked In Training/Certification another big plus!
- Knowledge of interviewing best practices and compliance
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills, a “people person”
- Familiarity with HR platforms designed for applicant tracking, applicant engagement, BambooHR a big plus
- Ability to establish and maintain useful documents (Org Charts, JDs, On-boarding Manual) and other useful tools so as to ensure employee success and stability
- Must be highly competent with office tools such as Word, PP, Excel, Google, Slack, Zoom, etc.
- Competence with technology platforms, software systems, internet and social media
- High-level organizational ability and fierce attention to detail
- Ability to manage projects, meet deadlines, overcome challenges, and deal with frequently changing needs
- Professionalism, and impeccable standards in maintaining confidentiality
- Possess strong initiative and an ability to work independently, and also work well collaboratively and cooperatively with other team members
- Positive, can-do attitude