Note: You must be a CA or OR resident to be considered
As Sr. Product Manager, Mobile Apps, you’ll be responsible for the emerging product line of mobile apps at The Shift Network. Using your expertise in defining, developing, publishing and optimizing best-in-class mobile apps, you add your considerable business, analytical and creative skills to help lead Shift’s emerging mobile app initiative. You use a combination of user data, competitive analysis business case rationale and internal stakeholder input to help define app features and functionality to meet customers’ needs, develop and implement marketing and loyalty plans, execute ongoing optimization efforts and continually measure performance against goals.
This role requires subject matter expertise in all facets of iOS and Android apps, including best practices for mobile sprint planning, technical sizing of tasks, featuring prioritization, roadmap building, customer acquisition and conversion, driving digital loyalty, and product optimization iteration using an agile methodology. In this role, you’ll be responsible for strategically assessing opportunities and making recommendations to ensure maximum benefit to the business, preparing detailed specs to meet the needs of target customers, and driving new feature development to optimize user experience and engagement. As a key driver of this new initiative at Shift, you be adept at collaboration and consensus building, with the ability to communicate effectively with a variety of colleagues including developers, engineers and marketers.
To be effective you’ll be a champion for the customer, using data, analysis and testing to drive and grow performance daily. You’re able to combine strategic and analytical abilities with an innovative, creative mindset. Your interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues, along with attention to detail and an obsession for tracking and improving performance at every turn, are essential qualities for this role.
Responsibilities and Desired Skills:
- Function as the central stakeholder for Shift’s emerging mobile app product line, developing customer-centric business strategies and roadmaps while rolling up your sleeves to lead app optimization efforts, managing all aspects of the product and its performance.
- Driving cross-functional team collaboration and coordination throughout the entire lifecycle of the product, including conceptualization, development, deployment and post-deployment activities. Proactively identify problems that arise in the project, outline options, recommend solutions, and escalate as needed
- Manage and conduct user interviews, consolidating and implementing feedback to optimize performance
- Drive and optimize acquisition and conversion funnels
- Take point in driving new features, while optimizing UI and UX, using a data-focused and experimentation/testing approach to grow users, increase engagement and conversions
- Act as the connection point to ensure alignment between development, tech, operations, marketing, QA, CS and transformational learning, along with other key stakeholders and functional areas, collaborating and coordinating effectively
- Participate in cross-functional teams during the entire lifecycle of product development, including deployment and post-deployment activities. Proactively identifies problems that arise in the project, outlines options, recommends solutions, and escalates as needed
- Keep a customer-first focus while staying on top of market trends, competitive landscape and customer insights to constantly inform the business and improve results
Qualifications and Characteristics Desired:
- 2 - 4 years of experience in a mobile app product management role
- Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree preferred
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical experience
- Solid knowledge and experience in optimizing acquisition and conversion funnels for mobile app success.
- Possess necessary technical fluency, with an understanding of basic technical concepts, and ability to discuss with tech team and external developers. Technical experience with the implementation of mobile SDKs, analytics tagging, ADA compliance, etc, is a major plus
- Proven track record designing and delivering customer experiences that create customer and business value
- Demonstrated track record of driving an overarching product vision, using customer-centric data and analysis to support strategy and prioritization along with day-to-day product execution
- Additional experience is a plus in any of these areas: program management, product marketing, business development
- Hold a mindset for ongoing iteration and improvement, utilizing testing and data-oriented customer feedback to optimize results at every touchpoint
- Self-motivated, proactive performer with a solutions-oriented mindset
- Ability to combine creative skills with a data-oriented business mindset
- Mature, credible and comfortable in dealing with company executives, external contractors, faculty and speakers
- Empathic communicator — able to see things from the other person’s point of view
- Effective in executing within a co-creative and collaborative team environment, with a strong ability to work well with others and be an integral team player
- A passion for life-long learning -- experience in, and a passion for, personal transformational learning is a plus
We are primarily a virtual work culture, however if you are local to our offices in the North Bay area of California we may require two days office attendance (Tuesdays and Thursdays) once we’re past current events
Generally Monday-Friday, 9:00-6:00 (unless otherwise indicated)