Note: You must be a resident of CA or OR to be considered.
The Director of Social Media Marketing is a new role at The Shift Network, signaling the company’s recognition of the importance of upleveling and expanding its social media strategy, presence and effectiveness.
The primary responsibility is to develop and execute social media strategies and tactics to align with the company’s overall marketing strategy in attracting, engaging, acquiring and converting viewers into customers, and customers into viral brand advocates.
While reporting directly to the company’s Chief Marketing Officer, this position will also work closely with the two Product Marketing Directors and the Director of Advertising & Customer Acquisition to develop and execute social media marketing programs to support specific product launches for online courses, summits and “evergreen” products. This position will also work closely with the CMO and the market dept. leads, including the Director of Media/Video Production, to develop content marketing strategies that help enhance Shift’s brand and build our customer community, while attracting and engaging new customers.
Desired Skills & Responsibilities:
- Experience in developing and executing successful social media marketing growth strategies and plans, with expertise in all current social media marketing optimization strategies and tactics.
- Thorough knowledge of the main (U.S.-centric) social media platforms and their marketing/management admin, targeting, testing and reporting tools: emphasizing Facebook, Instagram and Youtube along with a secondary emphasis on Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Deep understanding of key (meaningful) social media data and metrics -- along with a business-oriented “best practices” understanding and advocacy for goal-setting, reporting, testing and optimization.
- Strong digital marketer (customer acquisition, engagement, conversion and retention), with experience in successfully integrating social media marketing strategies, planning and execution with a B2C company’s marketing efforts.
- Design and implement social media strategy to align with business goals
- Set specific objectives with the CMO and report on ROI
- Generate, edit, publish and share engaging content daily (e.g. original text, photos, videos and news)
- Collaborate with other teams, like marketing, sales and customer support to ensure brand consistency
- Work closely with the customer support team in communicating with followers, responding to queries in a timely manner and monitoring customer reviews
- Suggest and implement new features to develop brand awareness, like promotions and competitions
- Robust knowledge and understanding of how to engage Shift’s core audience, along with strategies and tactics to engage and convert new target audience segments
- Reputation management
- Turning fans into customers and turning customers into advocates
- Implement a content editorial calendar to manage content and coordinate with teams for specific marketing campaigns
- Working knowledge and ability to create content elements, including graphical elements and copy for posting
- Strong grasp of current social media marketing and social media management tools; knowledge of website and digital ad serving and analytics tools is also preferred (ie: Google Analytics, Google Ads)
- Solid experience working in current project management and communication tools/platforms
- Candidate must be detail oriented, data-driven, and technology fluent
- Strong data-orientation and analytical mindset, coupled with creative thinking to help create compelling, engaging and viral social content.
- Able to develop and implement efficient and effective new processes for social media management and marketing for the company, and generates data-oriented reporting for project management and tracks and delivers on deadlines
- Great collaborator, coordinating effectively with customer service (for social responding) and other departments as needed
- Strong leadership skills -- able to influence other stakeholders to adhere to new processes and plans by building confidence in your knowledge, skills and integrity
- Other duties, as assigned.
Qualifications and Characteristics:
- BSc degree in Marketing or relevant field, or equivalent years of experience preferred
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in a significant social media management & marketing leadership role for a B2C company with knowledge, skills and experience to work effectively on both a strategic level as well as a “roll-up-your-sleeves” execution level.
- Proven success at substantially growing a B2C business’ social media efforts, with an emphasis on optimizing customer brand loyalty, engagement and conversion.
- Strong competence with current social media management and marketing tools
- Demonstrates creativity and documented immersion in social media and provide links to profiles as examples
- Technology fluent and detail-oriented
- Exhibits the ability to jump from the creative side of marketing to the analytical side; able to demonstrate why ideas are analytically sound
- Displays in-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, their respective participants (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest, etc.) and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios
- Enjoys a working knowledge of the blogging ecosystem and relevant to the company’s field
- Practices superior time management
- Demonstrates winning social Customer Service techniques such as empathy, patience, advocacy and conflict resolution
- Possesses great ability to identify potential negative or crisis situation and apply conflict resolution principles to mitigate issues including cultural appropriation issues - works closely with Customer Support for guidance/resolution
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written, and ability to express our company’s views creatively
- Can work collaboratively or independently with little to no supervision
- Self-starter and problem solver
- Must be aligned with the vision/mission of the company
- Experience working for small, fast-paced, entrepreneurial company for best fit
- Reliable home office equipment with high-speed internet connection
This is a full-time employee position. Two days office attendance in Petaluma required for local employees on Tuesdays and Thursdays, when past current events, otherwise remote.