Note: You must be a CA or OR resident to be considered!
At The Shift Network, we are dedicated to ensuring that our customers have a better than expected, high quality experience while participating in our many programs and courses. To this end, our Customer Support Specialists work cooperatively within the Support Department and coordinate with other departments as needed to enhance and improve the overall customer experience. This includes responding to support requests in a timely and knowledgeable fashion, while representing The Shift Network and its faculty in a genuine, professional and courteous manner.
The Customer Support Specialist must possess a broad knowledge base, be highly familiar and aligned with our unique courses and programs, have the ability to rapidly troubleshoot problems as they arise, and stay continuously up-to-date on relevant issues to be able to anticipate the support needs of our participants.
While answering support and registration phone calls, the Customer Support Specialist must work skillfully and rapidly, often under a high degree of pressure. The position researches a ton of details, navigates multiple web platforms simultaneously, and must remain gracious, warm and friendly at all times. The Customer Support Specialist is a unique individual who is highly comfortable with technology and also a genuine people person.
Responsibilities and Desired Skills:
- Routinely handles customer ticket/email, phone, and chat support requests in a professional, friendly, accurate and efficient manner
- Supports course and program sales and registrations by taking telephone orders or responding to email requests for assistance with purchases
- Troubleshoots technical issues with regards to customer participation in online courses and programs on both PC and Mac, as well as on various tablets and mobile phone devices, and on all major browsers
- Reports support issues to The Shift Network Team so as to resolve challenges that arise and thus provide an improved experience for our customers
- Seeks always to improve the customer experience in every interaction and takes proactive measures to prevent support issues from occurring whenever possible
- Maintains an unflappable, helpful, calm and friendly point of view in all dealings with customers, while listening, understanding and resolving any issues that may arise
- Exemplifies the values, aim, vision and mission of The Shift Network in all dealings with customers, clients, community members and faculty – walks the talk!
Qualifications and Characteristics Desired:
- Must be aligned with The Shift Network's vision/mission and be familiar with the transformational online educational format
- Ideally have comprehensive understanding and familiarity with the programs and events that The Shift Network offers
- 2-3 years experience in Customer Support or Administrative Assistance or Project Management in an Administrative capacity
- Excellent people skills, professionalism, patience, sense of humor, warmth, friendliness and compassion are vital
- Creative problem solver – must be persistent in staying with an issue until it is resolved; strong initiative and ability to work independently and in collaboration with others
- Ability to function in a fast-paced, heavy work load environment dealing with time-sensitive issues while maintaining a friendly, calm attitude when assisting customers
- High degree of written and spoken communication skills with attention to detail, good grammar, both fast and accurate
- Willingness to do administrative duties with a positive “can do” attitude
- Fully competent with technology, platforms and software systems, and social media (esp. Facebook), and able to navigate numerous Internet platforms simultaneously while communicating with customers in time-sensitive situations to rapidly resolve issues regardless of what the customer’s level of competency with technology is
- Prior experience with some or all: Zendesk, G Suite: Gmail, Google Docs, Google Forms, Zoom, Infusionsoft, Marpost, Drupal, Slack, Asana, Facebook and other e-Commerce platforms
- Must maintain high level of security and confidentiality with regards to both work station and customer relations
- Flexibility – must be able to flow with the demands and challenges of a growing company with a large vision, and be comfortable with rapidly changing technology, and be somewhat flexible with work hours
- Established, fully functional remote/home office with high-speed Internet service, updated equipment, set up for video meetings, screen sharing, etc
- Capable of working on a computer with a headset on for hours at a stretch, answering support emails and phone calls
- Must be interested in a long-term position with an amazing potential for growth within the company