Note: You must be a California or Oregon resident to be considered!
The Program Host provides support and oversight for highly engaging and interactive delivery of online courses and summits offered by The Shift Network in collaboration with faculty partners.
- Hosting live and pre-recorded video and audio online programs
- Basic operation of conference software interfaces during live and pre-recorded online programs, including basic troubleshooting of both hardware and software, including external cameras, microphones, etc.
- Troubleshooting major technology issues with tech support and/or back up driver during live programs
- Acting as liaison between faculty, students and the Course Manager to ensure a high quality course experience
- Support the Course Manager and other departments with respect to Program Host role
- Monitor and provide feedback on quality of programs, faculty and guests
- Functioning as the face and voice of The Shift Network in a professional, warm, engaging and trustworthy way
This position reports to and supports the Course Presentation Manager to ensure the smooth delivery of online content through live programs and digital materials. This position requires a fine balance of live presentation, communication and highly technical skills. The position also keeps an eye to quality control and makes suggestions for continuous improvement to the Course Manager responsible for the program.
This individual must be in harmony with The Shift Network’s vision of accelerating the shift to a peaceful, sustainable, healthy, and prosperous world, and have a commitment to the work of personal and collective transformation.
Responsibilities and Desired Skills:
- Hosts 1-6 courses per week
- Connects weekly with the Faculty, Course Manager and other delivery team members to review course needs and debriefs
- Participates in Host/Driver meetings, Mondays 10-11am Pacific
- Independently host and drive the courses you’re assigned to, in a reliable manner each week.
- Supports delivery of highly engaging and interactive courses
- Provides feedback continually and for official Course Debrief at end of course
- Supplies weekly debrief to Course Manager via call or email, making note of faculty/customer needs during course delivery, what’s working and what’s not, and foreshadow things to come
- Prepared to regularly provide meeting call-in information to primary and guest faculty, if needed
- Relays all faculty requests to Course Manager, “I’ll let your Course Manager know”, instead of handling directly
- Collaborates with Course Manager to:
- Host and operate programs
- Track and record editing notes of each recording for the media team
- Contribute feedback for Course Call Quality Report at end of each call and End of Course Report
- Interface with faculty and customers during calls
- Represent The Shift Network while interfacing with the students, faculty, and colleagues
- Other duties, as required.
Qualifications and Characteristics Desired:
- 2-3 years project management or administrative experience
- Experience in hosting programs, in person or online, with comfort and confidence in public speaking
- Competence and confidence with technology platforms and internet;
- InfusionSoft or CRMs
- Google Docs
- Media players
- Knowledge of transformational content, including leading teachers, schools of thought, and market trends
- Ability to interface with leading faculty and colleagues in a highly professional manner
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Flexibility to multi-task and change directions instantly
- Excellent organizational, time, strategic management, writing and communication skills with keen attention to detail
- Strong ability to work independently or collaboratively
- Prefer experience in operating classes and hosting events in a virtual, online environment, often on camera
- Must have reliable home office equipment including high-speed internet connection, an Ethernet, and high computer speed, and quiet environment to host public programs
- 1-2 years remote office experience, preferred
Note: If you do not get a reply directly in your email box, please check your junk/spam/trash or gmail tabs for continued correspondence with The Shift Network. Thank you!