As Sr. Copywriter & Campaign Strategist for Courses, you are a critical part of the team responsible for the performance of our highly successful product line of transformational learning courses. This key role focuses on outstanding writing skills to attract, engage and convert leads, but also includes other critical marketing responsibilities such as providing strategic input for monthly course/product programming, audience targeting and segmentation, collaborating on best-in-class digital marketing campaigns (including email, affiliate, content marketing and social media).
This role requires excellent writing skills, along with solid strategic and tactical marketing experience in the B2C online course/product/service space, as well as strong project management skills. You will function as a key driver and integral team player in optimizing cross-functional collaboration between our marketing and product development (transformational learning) teams, with an analytical, customer-journey focused approach to achieving sales success. Experience in developing content for email marketing and social media, that focuses on driving lead-generation and interest-based engagement, is also highly desirable.
To be effective, you will use research, data and testing techniques to acquire deep knowledge of our customers, combining a data-driven analytical approach with compelling creativity that cuts through the clutter to drive campaigns that produce results. You’re able to effectively combine strategic and analytical abilities with an innovative, creative mindset. In addition to your experience in delivering successful online direct-response copywriting, your interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues, along with your willingness to roll up your sleeves to get the job done as a team player, is essential. This position reports to our Director of Product Marketing.
For this role, success will depend on the candidate’s ability to know when to drive and when to support, as well as effectively balance innovation with the practical day-to-day deliverables that come with executing a multi-faceted online learning campaign. Attention to detail, an eye for quality, a customer-focused mindset and an obsession with tracking performance are also critical to success in this role.
Please note: To be considered, you must be a resident of CA or OR.
Responsibilities and Desired Skills:
- Function as a senior writer and campaign strategist in driving and delivering successful, data-driven marketing and customer acquisition campaigns for the company’s online learning courses to meet or surpass performance objectives.
- Responsible for writing and delivering landing pages on time using The Shift Network’s tone and style guide with a special ability to integrate the right keywords and constantly look for ways to improve landing page conversion rates.
- Utilize a data-focused approach in contributing to the growth of the company’s online course product line, as well as develop strategies to optimize the performance of individual courses.
- Take point in ensuring all key stakeholders and functional areas are in sync, collaborating and coordinating effectively with other areas of marketing including advertising, email marketing, creative services and media, along with other functional areas of the organization including product development (transformational learning), customer service and operations.
- Develop and execute effective funnel and customer acquisition tactics, using a data-centric approach to measuring, iterating and optimizing results throughout the lifecycle of each campaign.
- Collaborate as an effective partner with our product development (transformational learning) group in identifying and supporting successful faculty, topics, content and bonus offers.
- Work closely with the creative services (“marketing production”) team, including designers, to develop and deliver compelling online marketing campaign materials to attract and meet the needs of the target audience, achieving strong engagement and conversion KPIs.
- Hold a mindset for ongoing iteration and improvement, utilizing testing and data-oriented customer feedback to optimize results at every touchpoint.
- Keep a customer-first focus while staying on top of market trends, competitive landscape and customer insights to constantly inform the business and improve results.
Qualifications and Characteristics Desired:
- 7+ years as a successful direct response copywriter, B2C, in the online marketing space – including opt-in landing pages, sales pages, emails, ads and social posts – with an emphasis (and examples of) building customer funnels and marketing content campaigns that convert and deliver results.
- Effective communication skills and experience leading important meetings to gather key insights for marketing and brand creation.
- A passion for life-long learning -- experience in, and a passion for, personal transformational learning is a plus.
- Self-motivated, proactive performer with a solutions-oriented mindset.
- Ability to combine creative skills with a data-oriented business mindset.
- Mature, credible and comfortable in dealing with company executives, faculty and speakers.
- Empathic communicator — able to see things from the other person’s point of view.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic work environment and wear different hats.
- Curiosity in learning different areas of the business, jumping into different project assignments and embracing new experiences and responsibilities.
- Effective in executing within a co-creative and collaborative team environment, with a strong ability to work well with others and be an integral team player.
Work Location: We are primarily a virtual work culture, however if you are local to our offices in the North Bay area of California we may require two days office attendance (Tuesdays and Thursdays) once we’re past current events
Work Hours: Generally Monday-Friday, 9:00-6:00 (unless otherwise indicated)
Please provide a link to your portfolio/website with your resume. Thank you!